Xi’s Trip Expands Consensus on Building a Better World
Chinese President Xi Jinping paid state visits to Russia and Germany from July 3 to 6, and attended the 12th G20 Summit in Hamburg on July 7 and 8.
In Moscow, Xi described China’s relationship with Russia now as “the best ever in history.” He also agreed with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to continue deepening the two countries’ comprehensive strategic partnership of coordination.
While visiting Germany, Xi told German Chancellor Angela Merkel that the development of China-Germany ties over the decades is a “story of success” that has delivered real benefits to the two peoples.
In his speech at this year’s G20 Summit, the Chinese leader offered a set of proposals concerning how to build a more open world economy and realize a more inclusive global economic growth. He suggested that the group of major economies support a multilateral trading regime and stay committed to openness and mutual benefit. Further, he called on all sides to foster new sources of growth, adding that he believes promoting innovation and addressing the issue of development are part of the answers. The G20 members also need to promote synergy between economic and social policies, address the mismatch between industrial upgrading and knowledge and skills, and ensure more equitable income distribution. Xi also stressed the need to improve global economic governance. “In this spirit, let us work together to promote interconnected growth for shared prosperity and work towards a global community with a shared future,” added the president.
Chinese President Xi Jinping attends the 12th G20 Summit and delivers a speech entitled “Promoting Openness and Inclusiveness to Achieve Interconnected Growth.”
President Xi Jinping holds talks with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin at the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia, on July 4.
The G20 Summit participants pose for a group photo in Hamburg, Germany, on July 7.
President Xi Jinping and German Chancellor Angela Merkel attend the opening ceremony of the Panda Garden at the Berlin Zoo, on July 5.
- 中国文化核心词 KEY CHINESE CONCEPTS
- “Mexico Knows That There’s a Growing Market in China”– Interview with Mexican Ambassador to China J
- Xi’s Trip Expands Consensus on Building a Better World
- Why Millions of Chinese Love and Admire Liao Junbo
- We Call It a Trash Can Now
- The Pace of Innovation
- The Growth of China’s Military Strength and Its Contribution to World Peace
- Supply-side Structural Reform: New Practice under the “New Normal”
- Renewable Energy Vital for China’s Green Development
- Régis Lansade: Falling in Love with China
- Reducing Poverty Through Shared Experiences– An Exclusive Interview with FAO Representative in China
- Pearl of the Ancient Silk Road
- Out of Poverty
- On the Road Towards Further Openness
- New Concepts Illuminate New Developments
- Livable Smart City or Megacity Best Avoided?– Beijing’s Vision for a New Greater Capital Zone
- Innovative Development: The New Power Behind a Revitalized Economy
- Fuheyuan Studio Town A Film Studio Silicon Valley
- Five: The Figure to Decode China’s Future
- Establishing a World-Class Conservatory in China
- cultuRe ｜Solar Spells
- Common Prosperity Through Coordinated Development
- Civil-Military Integration Underway
- Celebrating the Yogurt Festival
- Big City Dreams Along a Shanghai Road
- Beijing’s Unknown Railway Museum